Sunday 9 January 2011

Valentine's Card


Good morning to you all.

Well I have stuck to my resolution so far this year lol. but what a long week it has been.  Don't you find that the first week after Christmas seems to be sooooo long.

Well onto my card today.  I downloaded this fabulous Kenny K image with a card in mind for my hubby for valentines and isn't it just fab.  Mind you I am a bit concerned as I don't want his blood pressure going up anymore than it is at the moment (well you have to try and laugh don't you).  All the papers are a download from Pink Petticoat, the doily is new as well as my new Marianne die (I just loooove this).  I have coloured my image with my trusty promarkers and added some card candy from Craftwork cards.  The ribbon was one that I recycled from a wedding invitation last year (I knew I would use it sometime he! he!).

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.



I am entering this into the following challenges.

Kenny K's - Love You
I Love Promarkers - Recycle (Ribbon from a wedding Invitation)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes with option of fabric or paper lace
Whoopsi Daisy - Free and Easy
Creative Cottage - Something New (Marianne Die)
Little Red Wagon - Use a Doily
Moving along the Times - Ring out the Old, Ring in the New (Old Papers & New Marianne Die)

18 comments:

  1. this is just too sweet girl!
    love the recycling :)
    and awesome papers!
    Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week
    & good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, Love the paper dollies Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you again at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge! Your card is awesome, great work on the image and love how you used the doily:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, fabby Valentine card, great layout and image, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maxine. Fab image & I am sure hubby will think so too! LOL. Lovely papers and layout as well. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining KKKG this week..

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Maxine, loving that image and the colours you have used! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Ah this is a super card, it looks great. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of a doily! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Maxine, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card, fab papers, not too heartsy either, thank you for joining us this week at I♥Promarkers
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous xx

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool card! I love the doily, it's perfect. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How saucy!! but will no doubt go down a storm with the male of the species LOL Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. FAB card Maxine, I agree I cannot get in the swing yet!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cottage

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is rather saucy and sassy Max but it is very pretty too. Sure he'll love it. Hope you and your family are ok at the moment.
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Maxine Congratulations you have won the set of stamps on my blog for the Sir stampalot Blog hop.
    pop over to my blog to find out how to retrive your prize.
    hugs chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOOh I love the doilies on this, fabby card. Thank you for joining us at KKKGC this week. Jackie x

    ReplyDelete