Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

I would like to wish each and everyone of my lovely followers a Happy New Year for 2011.  2010 was not the best of years but as we know a new one has now started and I would like to take the time to thank you all for the lovely comments and emails received with best wishes for my wonderful hubby Brian.   He is starting to feel a bit better but we still have a long way to go.  It is amazing how something can happen that can change your whole perspective on life, it is far too short to worry about silly things, take each day as it comes and live life to the fullest.

With the New Year about to be upon us I have made a decision to try and post at least one card a week on my blog as I have to say that I have missed my crafting but I am hoping that my mojo will return now that mentally I am in a better place.

So without further ado, here is my creation to celebrate the 1st day of a new year.



This card was done for a young lady who was turning 13 and as easel cards are my favourite at the moment I opted for this.  All the papers used are the "With this Ring" collection by Nitwits - they are just a dream to work with and the image from  is from Kenny K's was just perfect I thought.

Thanks again for all your support and I look forward to being back with you all in blogland.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Totally Gorgeous - Someone Special
Digital Tuesday - Anything Goes
Passion for Promarkers - Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous girly card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maxine what a gorgeous card as always, nothing less can be expected.Glad you are back to blogland are you going to visit all your old cricut friends on the new forum at http://cricutolics.forumotion.co.uk/f1-cricut-personal-die-cutter any other crafty friends are welcome too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi max
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog the other day. I hope things continue to pick up with you husband. It must be so worrying for all of you,
    So glad you are back in blogland too.Have you seen my tutorials on Hotshotcrafts site?I was so nervous doing them . I'm not quite Dawn Bibby yet!!!!
    hugs Sarah X

    ReplyDelete
  4. max hunny i have missed you posting. I hope Brian is doing ok hun. Gorgeous card too. Love and snuggles Lou xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Max what a shocker about your husband! I'm really pleased to hear things are on the up for him and you.

    That's a lovely card - here's to 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so lovely to see your face on my blog again, 2010 full of ups and downs. So sad about your hubby I had no idea, just wishing you all the best of health and happiness for the New Year.
    your old friend janex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max its been so long since I saw a post from you. I am so sorry to hear that Brian has been ill:( But I like how you have started the new year with this gorgeous creation and hopefully this is a sign of how things will go for you all this year. Nice to have you back. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. so nice to see you here in blogland again...I hope 2011 is better for you...you have made an amazing start with your crafting, so no worries of a loss of mojo!! beautiful soft colours, fabulous and girly and I love all the scalloped edges! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the design also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs
    Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card.the image is fab and i love your beautiful colours and details.
    thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad things are getting better hope to see you back very soon
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby card!! Great layout and image!! Thanks for joining us at PFP for our mega challenge, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Max

    Nice to see you again, but so sorry to read what has been going on.

    I really hope 2011 is a better year for you and your family.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Max I love this card, the digi images are lovely must pop over and have a look.
    Hugs
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete