Sunday, 24 July 2011

Play Time at Last

Hello everyone I hope you are having a lovely day, hopefully enjoying this gorgeous sunshine.

I have had a couple of days of work this week and I also have tomorrow off too so Friday my mum and I went spent the day at Coombe Abbey and enjoyed afternoon tea there courtesy of my lovely lovely daddy.  It was a really lovely day and such a gorgeous place with so much history so if you get the chance to go it is well worth a visit.  The kids are now on holiday which will be nice as I will also get to spend some time with Benn before he starts his final year at school (gosh I can't believe how time goes so fast as it seems just yesterday that I was stood at the gates of his infant school waving him off with tears in my eyes wondering where his baby years had gone.  Now it won't be long before I am waving him off to college and then Uni - boo hoo,

So onto my card.  After spending so much time recently doing commisions for people I have finally had a bit of time to just play so decided to do a birthday card (as they always come in handy for those last minutes ones don't they lol) so followed the sketch/theme over at Wild Orchid Crafts.  I wanted to keep this pretty clean so didn't do any inking on my image.  My Marianne Die mat had been cut out twice, once in White and once in red then cut and rejoined together.

Hope you like it, well gotta go now and enjoy the rest of this lovely weather.


I am entering this into the following challenges.

Sir Stampalot - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Crafts - Birthday
Allsorts - Free n Easy
Totally Gorgeous - Punch or Diecut
If the Shoe Fits Scrap It - Ruby
Southern Girls - Birthday


Thank you so much for visiting, it really means a lot.

16 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Maxine. I love the colours and adorable Wee Stamp image. Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image, and the whole design is lovely! Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month, and good luck.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creation
    Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month
    and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah its so pretty max, love your colours and those lovely swirls. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your Mum. My youngest is heading to uni in September so know exactly how you are feeling. Their last year just flies:( Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely swirls and papers, great work with colours as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was only looking at this image today, lol, but I already have enough that haven't me my ink pad, so I have resisted so far. Typical, you finally get to play when we have scorching weather. Hope you got time to enjoy it. Gorgeous card btw. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Max, love the image and papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!Max this is so gorgeous,such a sweet image and i really love the colours/papers.
    Wish too that they didn't grow up so quick,lovely to be the holidays-enjoy your summer days.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Maxine, love the design and that sweet image!
    Thanks for entering our Free and Easy challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card, the image is fabulous

    thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck in the prize draw

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabolous love the whole combo with colours and swirls and everything. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week. Good luck. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Maxine! What a cute card!
    Thanks for playing at WOC Challenge this fortnight.
    Hugs Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic! love how you put this together with the red and white! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is stunning sweets! Love the rich colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete