Friday, 22 April 2011

GDT Card for Raise the Bar

Good morning everyone, yippee Easter has arrived and I have a lovely long weekend off work, and to top it off ,the gorgeous weather we have been having is here to stay (at least for the duration of Easter).



Now then back to my card, and before you say anything, it is not an Easel Card Box or and Easel Card lol.   I recently won a challenge over at Raise the Bar (March 18th) and they very kindly asked me if I would join them as a Guest for their Nautical/Blue/White or Stripe challenge.  Well after realising that I don't possess anything remotely Nautical I decided to go with the Blue, White and Stripe version using a couple of the gorgeous little mini Tilda and background stamps along with the Alota camera.   I decided that if I didn't have the sea the next best thing was imagining a holiday (I know you normally see the sea on holiday but try to imagine a nice walking one lol), and what do we do on holiday, yes we take piccys or at least I do as the men in my life will be quick to tell you.  It drives them mad but we have to have those scrapbook piccys dont we.

Anyhow, this is the card I made for the challenge, I hope you like it.  Be sure to pop across to the challenge blog to check out all the other fabulous Bar-Tenders creations and feel free to join in the challenge too. 
I am entering this into the following challenges

Wild Orchids - Wings
The Pixie Cottage - Birthday
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes

Images - Camera (Alota), Tilda & Background (Magnolia)
Papers - Manolia
Flowers - Wild Orchids
Ribbon - Wild Orchids
Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart
Base Card & Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you again very soon.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is very original!!
    Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Great idea to pop Tilda in the camera lens and fab card too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cool Max and I agree with Adrina, very original!! Have a lovely easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness what a lovely card. Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! I love how the mini tilda is in the camera. A really fabulous GDT card - well done. Great DP, lace and flowrs too.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, great idea of Tilda in the camera! =)
    thanks fo joining us at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
    hugs
    sadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maxine,
    WOW this is just absolutely Gorgeous and very clever!!!! Love how Tilda is in the cameras lens. Love the dp's, the colour scheme, love the lace and flowers too. As always, coloured so beautifully.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter Max,your card is beautiful and so wonderfully designed.janex

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab idea for a card,thank you for joining us at I♥ Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Max,

    How are you? I am still playing catchup in blogland at the mo, I have enjoyed having a look round your blog at all that I have missed, such inspirational work, thankyou for aharing!!

    I loved your LOTV card,love the lace effect edge to the card, its just stunning!!

    and wow!!!! I can't begin to tell you just how much I love this card, such a creative idea having the main picture in the camera ... love love love it!!

    You asked me a while back about copics v promarkers (sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you) I decided to go for copics, and so I have mostly only used them, which I just LOVE!!! However a few of my friends have promarkers, so when i craft at thier houses I use them, but I dont really get on that well with them, but then I am not sure that it is just beacause I am so used to copics that i understand how they work better, I prob just need more practice with the promarkers. I am sorry I am not more help than that!

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete